About camp (AMCK01) AMCK01 Adventuremania Trek Kedarkantha
Kedarkantha is a wonderful trek, with pretty campsites and stunning 360-degree views of mountain summits. You will come across snow around 10,000 ft, lying on the forest floor among the pine trees. The route to Sankri is one of the most beautiful drives in the Indian Himalayas. Kedarkantha in winter, the temperature during the day will be at around 8-12 degrees and at night, the temperature will drop to -5 to -7 degrees.
Duration: 4N & 5D
Pick Up and Drop: Sankri to Sankri
Cost = 8500 per person
Reporting Time : Report by 3 pm at Kailashrath Treks,sankari campsite .
How to reach Sankri?
By Bus: Take a bus headed towards Sankri from Dehradun. It leaves at 6.00 am from Dehradun Railway station.
By taxi: The distance from Dehradun to Sankri is about 200 kms and it takes about 8 hours of drive. Cab services are frequent and readily available from Dehradun. Taxi charges are around Rs 1100-1200 per person (Rs 5500 per vehicle – 5 seats)
Trekkers must report at Sankri village in the evening after 3 pm. POC details will be emailed prior to the event.
- Accommodation – You will be staying in lodges at Sankri and in tents on remaining days of the trek (3 person/tent). Room/tent is separate for male and female participant.
- Meals – (Breakfast, lunch, snacks and dinner). We provide simple, nutritious Veg/Jain food on all days of the trek
- Rucksack — A 60 litre bag with rain cover is provided for using in trekking. You can deposit your extra luggage with your bags at our campsite.
- Camping charges – All trekking permits and forest camping charges are included.
- Trekking equipment – High quality tents and sleeping bags in all the camps. Sleeping bags can withstand temperatures as low as -10 ºC.
- Micro-spikes – to help you walking on hard snow terrain.
- Gaiters – To prevent snow from entering inside your shoe.
- Safety equipment – First aid kit, oxygen cylinders, oximeter etc. will be with guide/trek leader and at campsite as well to deal with emergencies.
- Expert trek Leaders – All our trek leaders are at least qualified in basic / advanced mountaineering and first aid course.
- Expert Trek support team – The mountain staff on this trek consists of certified guides, cooks, helpers and porters.